Thursday, August 12, 2010

ROYALTY: A Horse for Kings

"Let those eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear,
Baby of mine."-from the song, Baby Mine, written by Frank Churchill & Ned Washington
Hermas is a very new baby and yet, I am stunned over the level of refinement, present in such a new, little life! I like his round and full hindquarter, anchoring a very nice, level top line. He looks strong! His shoulder angle looks nice and I already see a very generous wither. Look at his lovely neck, more upright and I noticed the length of his poll where the neck and the head meet, to form the mitbah. I will be honest and tell you that it is challenging for me to evaluate a baby's body, because there is still so much change to happen! Hermas needs to stretch and grow and grow and grow! Still, his large, black eyes (and the placement of the eyes, on his head, as Tzviah Idan pointed out yesterday) have me transfixed, as well as those KING-SIZE nostrils. I think everyone will agree that Hermas is a very nice colt, one of the most promising colts bred at Ezzain and time will tell if he grows into the new king of Ezzain.

EnJoy,
Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment